About Me

Friday, May 19, 2017

Use A Quote

I'm very excited to be a guest at A Vintage Journey today and to share my Use a Quote project.  

I recently made this faux book card for my daughter's birthday and today's project is a matching box.  
I happened to have a suitable size box in my 'stash' but I needed to change the design to one with a hinged lid. I also added an extra layer of chipboard to the sides to make it sturdy.

Here is my completed project:





 I thought the quote was the perfect inspirational message for this project.
  I used the same patterned papers I had used in the card and selected matching card stock and embellishments.  The ribbon serves as a tab to lift the hinged lid.



Here is the inside:  


I distressed and inked all the edges and added lace to finish it off. 



The inside of the hinged lid.  


Once again all the edges were distressed and inked. I inserted a panel covered with satin material, added some lace and the two triangles of patterned paper which create a pocket.  A lace die cut border and pearls finished it off.


Here is a side view:




And a close-up.....




Thank you so much to A Vintage Journey for inviting me.  I enjoyed every minute of creating this for my sweet Kayleigh who turned 18 on the 18th May! Happy Birthday sweetheart ❤


Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.
Zelda x


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely box, happy birthday to your daughter. Congratulations on being a Guest Designer for AVJ this month x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation Zelda! Congrats on GD and what a special gift for your sweet daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the perfect box and so beautifully finished! It looks fantastic in those colours and with those beautiful embellishments, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. Is. Stunning. Love it....and that sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a lovely box filled with delightful and delicate details! What a true labor of love and one your daughter will treasure, I'm sure! Thank you for being our Guest Designer at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zelda! It's so beautiful! You're amazing. I'm sure she loves it.

    ReplyDelete